Anonymous Fashion LLC
Effective Date: June 11th, 2020 Policy Version: 1.0
- Nonpersonal Information (“NPI”) is information that is in no way personally identifiable and which is obtained automatically when you access our Mobile App with a web browser.
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is not publicly displayed information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained for us to provide you with a product or service. PII may include information such as your first and last name, physical address, phone number, credit card information, and other related information that you provide to us.
II. Your Personal Information (PII).
III. Information We Collect.
- Personal Data.
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with our mobile application, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the mobile application, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the App.
2.Data From Social Networks.
User information from social networking sites, such as Apple’s Game Center, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and more, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks. This information may also include the contact information of anyone you invite to use and/or join our mobile application.
- Third-Party Data.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the App permission to access this information.
- Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys.
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
- Mobile Application Information.
If you connect using our mobile application:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Identifying the areas of our Mobile App that you have visited;
- Signing in and identifying you as a member or user of our Mobile App;
- Personalizing content that you see in our Mobile App;
- Our Mobile App analytics;
- Remarketing our products or services to you;
- Navigating our Mobile App;
- Remembering your preferences and settings;
- Targeted advertising;
- Affiliate marketing.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your access times, your Internet service provider’s name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and operating system. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Mobile App.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Mobile App. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our Mobile App, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve our Mobile App. Google Analytics helps us to measure and optimize user engagement with our Mobile App including but not limited to; understanding the number of users, their characteristics, where they come from, what actions they are taking when using our Mobile App, measure user’s in-app payments and revenue, visualize user navigation paths, and customize reports specific to our business.
You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this App by disabling cookies on your browser. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
IV. How Your Information Is Used.
- We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Provide our products and services;
- Personalize and customize content;
- Create and manage your account;
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions and contests;
- Enable user to user communication;
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions;
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits more personalized;
- Make improvements to our Mobile App;
- Contact you with updates to our Mobile App;
- Resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest;
- Perform other business activities as needed.
Communications and emails.
When we communicate with you about our Mobile App, we will use the email address you provided when registering as a member. We may also send you alerts regarding your use of our Mobile App. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our Mobile App or offers from us or our affiliates, unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change contact preferences at any time through your account or by contacting us.
Sharing information with affiliates and other third parties.
We do not sell or rent your PII to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may use your nonpersonal information for data aggregation purposes, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your PII. We may provide your PII to affiliates and third parties that provide services with regards to our Mobile App such as payment processors, content and software providers, promotional service providers, shipping companies, and other service providers. We also share your information with third parties by using an Application Program Interface “API.” Such third parties may include but are not limited to Facebook.com, Twitter.com, YouTube.com, and Google.com. This sharing of information helps us provide you with a better experience when using our Mobile App and services. It also provides us with useful information such as visitor traffic.
Community discussion boards.
Legally required releases of information.
We may be legally required to disclose your PII if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other members; (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosures to successors.
V. Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties.
If any postings you make to our Mobile App contain information about third parties, you need to make sure that you have permission to include them in your posting. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings for which we are notified that such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
VI. Retaining and Destroying Your Personal Information.
We retain information we collect from you (including PII) for only as long as we need such information for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
VII. Changing and Requesting Your Personal Information.
You can change or update your PII using facilities found in our Mobile App. If you need assistance with updating your PII or removing yourself from our mailing lists, send us an email with your request or contact us using our contact information found in our Mobile App. You may also request the type of personal information we have collected from you that is stored in electronic or paper format by our company.
VIII. Opting Out of Sharing Information.
You can always opt-out of future unaffiliated third-party disclosures of your information. Such opt out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers who provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management, or promotional services, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments or otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept.
IX. Do Not Track Settings.
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that our Mobile App does not track your movement within our Mobile App. Our Mobile App does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our Mobile App. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
X. Links to Other Websites.
XI. Protecting Children’s Privacy.
We follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Even though our Mobile App is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 (child), we realize that a child may attempt to access our Mobile App. We do not knowingly collect PII from a child under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our Mobile App, please contact us. We may ask for proof of identification before we remove any information to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover on our own that a child is accessing our Mobile App, we will delete the information. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor have any liability to do so.
XII. Our Email Policy.
You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell or rent your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business.
XVIII. Our Security Policy.
We have taken steps to build our Mobile App using industry-standard encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your PII. When we collect your PII through our Mobile App, we will encrypt your PII before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, we cannot fully guarantee secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
Once we receive your PII, we have security measures in place to protect against the loss or misuse of your PII, though again we cannot fully guarantee against such loss or misuse. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our Mobile App and not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our Mobile App when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
XIV. Use of Credit Cards.
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services through our Mobile App. We use third- party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
XV. EEA Data Privacy Rights.
European Economic Area residents have the right to restrict the Company’s use of your Personal Information and lodge a complaint with your local data protection authorities, subject to applicable law. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Information within the scope of the GDPR, you may direct questions or complaints to us at [email address].
XVI. California Data Privacy Rights.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, which is also known as the "Shine The Light" law, users who are California residents may request from us a list of the Personal Information (if any) that we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during in the preceding calendar year, this includes the names and addresses of such third parties. Requests may be made only one time per year. These requests are free of charge. To make a request, please contact us at [email address] and note that we are not able to accept requests through the telephone, mail or by facsimile. We cannot be responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information. In the body of such request, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights", as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code and you must provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Additionally, you must attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address.
- Additionally, California residents have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), such as: The right to access the data about you that we collect;
- The right to opt-out of the sale by us of any of the information we collect about you to third parties;
- The right to require that we delete any personal data (as defined under the CCPA) that we have collected about you; The right to know the categories of third parties to which we have sold data about you; and
- The right to know our reasons for collecting data about you.
XVII. International Data Transfers.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Personal information that you publish in our Mobile App, or submit for publication in our Mobile App, may be available via the Internet around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You hereby agree to the transfers of personal information described within this section.